Let’s face it: iPhones have become commonplace in our lives. They make our day-to-day routines efficient, productive and convenient— so why shouldn’t they help us with our job searches as well? Lucky for you, they do! Welcome to our “iPhone Apps for the Job Seeker” Series!
Your job search is a full time job, and we’ve compiled the must-have iPhone apps that every job seeker should have! Best yet, ALL of these apps are completely FREE. Each post this week with feature apps from a new category necessary to the job search process:
Come back each day for the next list. First up: Networking!
Free NETWORKING APPS for the job seeker
Social Media is one of the most valuable tools you can use in your job search. Learn some tips for leveraging each platform to your benefit. There is no limit to the connections you can make, and now you can connect on the go:
1. Twitter –There are at least 10 Ways Twitter Can Help You Find a Job, so be sure you’re making the most of it by tweeting from anywhere–conferences, events, job fairs & more. Don’t forget to use your hashtags! For the latest updates from YouCanDoWhatYouLove.com, follow us on Twitter @ycdwyl.
2. beamMe–We all know how important it is to have a business card, even if you’re unemployed. With BeamMe, you can have a mobile business card ready to send any new contact you meet. Customize it with your logo, choose between different themes and take notes on (and geomap) where you met someone. Better yet, beamMe will locate possible connections in the area by matching you with people who have similar interests. The other person doesn’t need BeamMe to receive your information, either!
4. Facebook–Facebook is a great way to follow your favorite companies online and chime in to ongoing discussions. Be sure to keep your account clean when you use Facebook for your professional contacts, especially if you choose to combine it with your personal account. Don’t forget to visit us on Facebook!
5. HootSuite–Manage your social media accounts all in one place with HootSuite. Stream updates from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, FourSquare and more. Update your accounts, track statistics (with a paid account) and stream keyword appearances. You can even pre-schedule updates and shorten links in-program!
6. SnapDat– Create a business card that is unique to you by choosing between dozens of business card templates or creating your own. SnapDat allows you to use your own photos to make as many business cards as you wish for any situation in your life (designate one for work, one for personal, etc). Send your card via email or social media links.
7. VolunteerMatch–Don’t forget that networking isn’t just online. It’s important to connect face-to-face as well. Get valuable networking opportunities and wonderful additions to your resume by volunteering at a relevant organization in your industry or skill set! VolunteerMatch will help pair you with an opportunity that is nearby and match your interests and skills.
Stay tuned all week for more apps to help you in your job search! Find relevant jobs, prepare for your interview and stay organized–all on the go & all for free!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.