Let’s face it: iPhones have become commonplace in our lives. They make our day-to-day routines efficient, productive and convenient— so why shouldn’t they help us with our job searches as well? Lucky for you, they do! Welcome to our “iPhone Apps for the Job Seeker” Series!
Your job search is a full time job, and we’ve compiled the must-have iPhone apps that every job seeker should have! Best yet, ALL of these apps are completely FREE. Each post this week with feature apps from a new category necessary to the job search process:
Come back each day for the next list. Yesterday, we featured Networking apps. Next up: Finding Available Jobs!
Free FINDING A JOB APPS for the job seeker
1. Job Compass—This app uses your location to its (and your) benefit by detecting available jobs within a radius of 5 up to 100 miles away. View the job description and email it to yourself on the spot. Better yet, contact the company and apply for it right from your phone!
2. SnagAJob--Get hourly updates on jobs that are picked out based on your geographical location. You can even view a map with the listed job opportunities mapped out for you! Though many of the jobs are not high-paying positions, it’s the perfect app for finding part time employment while you continue looking.
3. Job Search Engine by LinkUp.com—A hidden treasure trove of jobs not listed on major search engines can be found by searching through the career listings on company websites. Luckily LinkUp.com saves you the time of jumping from company site to company site. They gather these listings—only the ones from employer and company websites—for you. Their mobile app proves all the same great services.
4. Craigslist Mobile—Gives you all of the functions of Craigslist.org and allows you to bring them with you. Search through Craigslist Job postings in your area. This app is best for freelancers & for those looking for jobs at small- and medium-sized companies.
5. Monster.com Jobs—Search for jobs through Monster.com’s renowned search engine. What I like most about this app is that you can sync it with your existing Monster.com account & swap info between mobile and computer. Find a job you want to apply to later? “Save” the job and access it from either device later on.
6. Jobs by Career Builder–one of the most comprehensive iPhone apps for job searching. Search for jobs by keyword, read job descriptions and salaries and email job links to anyone on your contact list. Also search for jobs based on your geographical positioning with a Google map pinpointing the job locations.
7. Jobs by Indeed.com—Indeed.com is still one of my favorite aggregator engines—meaning that it collects data from many major search engines and makes them available all in one place. In fact, Indeed.com sponsors our site’s job board!
8. iFreelancer –Choose which categories you wish to see freelance jobs for. This app sifts through all major freelance sites to pick out the jobs that are relevant to your chosen category. The newest version also has push notifications, letting you know as soon as a job you may be interested in gets listed.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.